Aphelion 2 is the 4th generation of Rega’s unique handmade moving coil cartridges. Taking the technology developed from the original Aphelion and the latest Apheta 3 to the next level, Rega’s engineers have now fine-tuned every aspect of the original designs.
The Aphelion 2 is the ultimate in micro engineering and design. The unique hand-wound micro cross and coil assembly is built directly onto a Boron rod cantilever. The advanced ‘fine line’ profile nude diamond is then mounted through 90 degrees which offers extreme levels of stiffness and control over the stylus. This design requires a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to engineering to achieve the highest level of performance from a Rega cartridge to date. Designed to complement the reference range of Rega turntables including the Naiad.
- Graded zero tolerance black anodised aluminium body
- Boron rod cantilever
- ‘Fine line’ profile, nude diamond stylus
- Iron micro cross and coil assembly making one of the worlds smallest MC generators
- Worlds most powerful minaturised neodymium magnet
- High specification fine wire 0.018 mm
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects